The Galway Hospice Foundation is noted for the provision of specialist palliative care services to adults and children with cancer and other life-limiting illnesses throughout Galway city and county, and on the adjoining islands.
Arising from our proposed expansion plans to develop Palliative Care Services in the West of Ireland, the Galway Hospice Foundation is seeking motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our organisation in supporting patients from counties Galway, Mayo and Roscommon with advanced diseases needing palliative care to attain the best quality of life possible.
A wide range of benefits will be on offer to successful candidates such as support for further education and development, competitive salary, subsidised restaurant, free parking as well as working with a dedicated and experienced team of professionals.
Fundraising Campaigns and Marketing Officer
The Fundraising Campaigns and Marketing Officer will be a key member of the Fundraising & Communications Team. Galway Hospice has an ambitious strategy to ensure sustainability and growth in our fundraising income whilst increasing our profile. The Fundraising Campaigns and Marketing Officer will play an integral role in delivering and driving the Fundraising & Communications Strategy for the Organisation.
Candidates will have:
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in fundraising and/or communications with hands on digital marketing experience.
- A relevant third level qualification
- Proven experience of managing projects and events to a high standard and minimal supervision.
- Experience of coordinating Community Fundraising Events including third party fundraisers.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and persuasiveness skills, including strong writing ability across a range of media.
- An understanding of Corporate Social Responsibility coordination
- Experience engaging with local and national media.
- Excellent digital marketing and social media knowledge and skills.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to access information accurately, quickly and strategically.
- A passion for and experience in fundraising online and offline (community, corporate, individual)
Closing date for receipt of all applications is 12.00 p.m. Friday, 8th March 2019
Informal enquiries for any / all positions can be made by telephoning Ms. Charlene Hurley, Director of Fundraising on 091-770868 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Ann Dolan, Director of HR email@example.com for a detailed job description and Application Form
Registrar in Palliative Care - 6 month Fixed Term Contract
We are seeking a Registrar in Palliative Care on a Fixed Term basis to join our dedicated team from July 2019 to January 2020. The appointee will work in our 18-bedded inpatient palliative care unit, large community palliative care service and day care service 3 days/week.
Our service is a great opportunity for you to gain experience in dealing with a variety of end-of-life conditions and treatments.
The primary role of the Registrar will be to provide palliative care as part of a multidisciplinary team for patients with advanced malignancies and other illnesses (in In-Patient Unit, Day Care and Home Care settings) and be part of the on-call rota. The aim is to maximise quality of life for patients by the provision of the highest quality symptom management and support.
Candidates will have:
- Registration with Irish Medical Council essential.
- Enrolment in professional competence scheme as per Irish Medical Council requirements.
- Significant level of experience in medicine, palliative medicine, oncology, general practice or related disciplines.
- Palliative medicine experience desirable (but not essential).
- High level of clinical skills and knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to establish good interpersonal relationships with other staff and disciplines and to work in a team.
- An understanding of and commitment to philosophy of palliative care and a commitment to maintaining the Mission & Values of Galway Hospice Foundation.
- Computer skills an advantage.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12.00 p.m. Friday, 1st March 2019
Informal enquiries can be made by telephoning Dr. Camilla Murtagh on 091-770868 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please forward your CV in the strictest of confidence to Ann Dolan, Director of HR email@example.com
GALWAY HOSPICE FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER