The Galway Hospice Foundation is noted for the provision of specialist palliative care services to adults and children with cancer and other life-limiting illnesses throughout Galway city and county, and on the adjoining islands.
Arising from our proposed expansion plans to develop Palliative Care Services in the West of Ireland, the Galway Hospice Foundation is seeking motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our organisation in supporting patients from counties Galway, Mayo and Roscommon with advanced diseases needing palliative care to attain the best quality of life possible.
A wide range of benefits will be on offer to successful candidates such as support for further education and development, competitive salary, subsidised restaurant, free parking as well as working with a dedicated and experienced team of professionals.
Part-time Volunteer Co-ordinator – 18.5 hpw (0.5 WTE) (Monday to Friday)
Based in Galway and reporting to the Director of HR, the Volunteer Co-ordinator will support volunteers in their roles. This will involve recruiting, training, organising and delegating volunteers to specified roles across the services of the Foundation and instilling accountability for the provision of a comfortable and safe environment for staff, patients and their families.
Candidates will have:
• A third level qualification / Supervisory Management qualification
• Excellent motivational, team orientated and people skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience of managing /supervising teams
• Experience of working with volunteers an advantage
• Excellent organisation and administrative ability
• Knowledge / experience of working within a quality system (e.g. HIQA, JCI, ISO, etc.)
• Experience of rostering / rotas a distinct advantage
• Intermediate level IT skills (e.g. MS. Word, Excel, Access, Google sheets, etc.)
Closing date for receipt of all applications is 12.00 p.m. Friday, 3rd August 2019
Informal enquiries / a detailed job description and Application Form can obtained by contacting Ms. Ann Dolan, Director of HR by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Medical Social Worker – Fixed Term (Maternity Cover) Position (1.0 WTE)
Based in Galway, the Medical Social Worker will support the Principal Medical Social Worker in the provision of quality, patient-focused social work services and work as a member of the multidisciplinary team, providing a comprehensive and specialist range of social work support and counselling services to patients and their families.
Candidates will have:
- National Qualification in Social Work or hold a qualification which has been accredited by the National Social Work Qualifications Board
- CORU Registration
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience, with at least one year as a Medical Social Worker
- Experience in the area of grief and loss.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Clean Full Driver’s Licence
- Intermediate level IT skills
- Experience in Oncology and Palliative care is desirable
- Interest in the area of Oncology/Palliative Care and working with families and groups
Closing date for receipt of all applications is 12pm on Friday, 26th July 2019.
Interviews for will commence week commencing 5th August.
Informal enquiries can be made by telephoning Ms. Caroline Quinn, Snr. Medical Social Worker on 091-770868 or by email at email@example.com
Please contact Ann Dolan, Director of HR firstname.lastname@example.org for a detailed job description and Application Form.
GALWAY HOSPICE FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER