The Galway Hospice Foundation is noted for the provision of specialist palliative care services to adults and children with cancer and other life-limiting illnesses throughout Galway city and county, and on the adjoining islands.
Arising from our proposed expansion plans to develop Palliative Care Services in the West of Ireland, the Galway Hospice Foundation is seeking motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our organisation in supporting patients from counties Galway, Mayo and Roscommon with advanced diseases needing palliative care to attain the best quality of life possible.
A wide range of benefits will be on offer to successful candidates such as support for further education and development, competitive salary, subsidised restaurant, free parking as well as working with a dedicated and experienced team of professionals.
We are now recruiting for the following roles. Applicants must be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI) and possess a Palliative Care or similar qualification.
- Assistant Director of Nursing
- Clinical Nurse Manager
- Staff Nurses
Closing date for receipt of all applications is 12.00 p.m. Thursday, 30th January 2020.
Informal enquiries can be made by telephoning Ms. Breda King, Director of Nursing on 091-770868 or by email at email@example.com
Please contact Ann Dolan, Director of HR firstname.lastname@example.org for a detailed job description and Application Form
Medical Social Worker
Based in Galway, the Medical Social Worker will support the Principal Medical Social Worker in the provision of quality, patient-focused social work services and work as a member of the multidisciplinary team, providing a comprehensive and specialist range of social work support and counselling services to patients and their families.
Candidates will have:
- National Qualification in Social Work or hold a qualification which has been accredited by the National Social Work Qualifications Board
- CORU Registration
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience, with ideally one year as a Medical Social Worker
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Clean Full Driver’s Licence
- Intermediate level IT skills
- Interest/experience in the area of Oncology and Palliative care is desirable
Closing date for receipt of all applications is 12.00 noon Friday, 7th February 2020
Interviews will take place week commencing 17th February 2020
Informal enquiries can be made by telephoning Ms. Caroline Quinn, Acting Principal Medical Social Worker on 091-770868 or by email at email@example.com
Please contact Ann Dolan, Director of HR firstname.lastname@example.org for a detailed job description and Application Form.
Locum (as and when required) Receptionist
The Receptionist is the first contact for telephone callers, for most patients on admission, for their relatives and families, for visitors and for other official visitors to the Foundation. The Receptionist is required to be welcoming, helpful, caring and confidential at all times.
- Be available to provide cover during Summer/Christmas holidays as well as ad-hoc unplanned leave.
- Have the ability to provide a polite and professional service to all who attend/visit the Galway Hospice Foundation.
- Have previous experience in a Receptionist Role - a background within the Healthcare Sector would be a distinct advantage
- Have well-developed interpersonal and effective organisational skills and be able to demonstrate a high standard of communication skills.
- Have excellent administrative and time management skills as well as the ability to work on own initiative and manage own workload.
- Be flexible in relation to shifts and providing cover as required.
- Treat all information in a confidential manner.
- Have experience of working as a collaborative team member who will get involved in whatever needs to be done to achieve the Foundation’s objectives
Closing date for receipt of all applications is 12.00 noon, 14th February 2020
Please forward completed application form and letter of application to:
Ann Dolan, Director of HR, email@example.com
Application forms available on request
GALWAY HOSPICE FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER