Galway Hospice – Mission, Vision and Values
Rev7 Issued 27/02/19
Galway Hospice Mission
The mission of Galway Hospice, as partners with the Health Service Executive, is to support patients from counties Galway, Mayo and Roscommon with advanced diseases needing palliative care to attain the best quality of life possible.
Galway Hospice Vision
Galway Hospice will be an integral part of the community providing specialist palliative care by offering the right care with dignity and compassion to patients and families living with life-limiting illness when needed.
Galway Hospice Values
Our values are the foundation of our culture and our working environment. Through them, we remain focused on maintaining a patient and family-centred caring work environment.
- We aim to provide quality patient-centred care at a physical, psychological, social and spiritual level for our patients and those close to them.
- We aim for excellence by continually striving to enhance the extent, quality and range of patient care services we provide.
- We aim to maximise the skills, strengths and contribution of each member of staff through effective teamwork.
- We will show respect for the worth, dignity, diversity, importance and personal wishes of each patient we serve and also for the people with whom we work.
- We are committed to quality improvement through teamwork, continuous professional development and innovation.
Openness and Transparency
- We will foster open and honest communication and will be transparent in all matters of business, policy and service delivery.
- We will show compassion in all interactions with patients and their families.
- We will conduct our work with integrity, honesty and fairness and strive to meet or exceed the highest ethical and professional standards.
- We will develop and maintain linkages with external care professionals and provide education and support to enhance palliative care provision in other healthcare settings.