The Galway Hospice Foundation is noted for the provision of specialist palliative care services to adults and children with cancer and other life-limiting illnesses throughout Galway city and county, and on the adjoining islands.
Arising from our proposed expansion plans to develop Palliative Care Services in the West of Ireland, the Galway Hospice Foundation is seeking motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our organisation in supporting patients from counties Galway, Mayo and Roscommon with advanced diseases needing palliative care to attain the best quality of life possible.
A wide range of benefits will be on offer to successful candidates such as support for further education and development, competitive salary, subsidised restaurant, free parking as well as working with a dedicated and experienced team of professionals.
Medical Social Worker – 6 Month Fixed Term Position (1.0 WTE)
Based in Galway, the Medical Social Worker will support the Principal Medical Social Worker in the provision of quality, patient-focused social work services and work as a member of the multidisciplinary team, providing a comprehensive and specialist range of social work support and counselling services to patients and their families.
Candidates will have:
- National Qualification in Social Work or hold a qualification which has been accredited by the National Social Work Qualifications Board
- CORU Registration
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience, with at least one year as a Medical Social Worker
- Experience in the area of grief and loss.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Clean Full Driver’s Licence
- Intermediate level IT skills
- Experience in Oncology and Palliative care is desirable
- Interest in the area of Oncology/Palliative Care and working with families and groups
Closing date for receipt of all applications is 12.00 p.m. Monday, 9th December 2019.
Interviews for will commence week commencing 16th December.
Informal enquiries can be made by telephoning Ms. Caroline Quinn, Acting Principal Medical Social Worker on 091-770868 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
GALWAY HOSPICE FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER